My GOALS for the New Year!
It is not the easiest thing right out your goals for the new year, fear of failure and scary reality of the future year staring back at you. Writing your Goals down will help keep you accountable and something to reach towards. Let God lead you when making your Goals for the New Year. Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.-Proverbs 3:5
I’m really trying to push myself and grow and feel like real goals should be outside of your comfort zone. If they aren’t, typically little will change. If they are, it will force us to grow. If your goal is to change don’t worry that your list scares you a little. It should! And really, this is where we can become most dependent on God anyway and where I’d like to be: in a place where only He can make something happen and I can’t assume I can do it on my own. I have included a scripture with each of my goals, to help keep me focused and bring me back to the word.
- Glorify and serve God as a family. Teaching Isabella about God, prayer, and worship. (i.e. cultivate a thriving marriage, train Isabella well, balance being a stay at home working mother with peace and joy, have our home be a strong foundation for rough seasons and our loved ones) …but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15
- Make my health a priority. Get Healthy as a family. Cliche I know! But it is not just about losing weight, it’s about being the best me and feeling my best and making healthy choices and self control. God created everything wonderful, good, and perfect; even food for us to eat. Eat more real food, (fresh fruit, veggies from the garden) less process food and less sugar. If you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good things of the land; – Isaiah 1:19
- Back to basics. Live simple, less social media, less always being on the phone, less clutter, more family time. Let your eyes look straight ahead; fix your gaze directly before you. Give careful thought to the paths for your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.- Proverbs 4:25-26
- Growth in my business. Use the creativity God gave me and look to Him for the future plans for my business/ job. Being very intentional in my post/ products to bring all the glory to God and letting my creativity bless others for His glory. For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.- Ephesians 2:10
- Schedule. Get and try to keep Isabella on a schedule, sleep schedule, bath routine, potty training, her quite/ playtime ect. Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it – Proverbs 22:6
- Read more. I have a few books I have started reading but never fished. Procrastination and laziness at its best, but my goal is to finish read them. A few books on my reading list: The Honest Life, The finishing school, Raising a Princess, The Best Yes.
And that it, my goals for the new year, I am excited for what God has planned for my family. Comment below with some of your goal for the New Year, I would love to hear what God has put on your heart.